Tuesday, November 9, 2010

25 Years Missing My Mother


Twenty-five years ago today my sweet mother, Mary Ann Hamilton, went to heaven at the age of 49 after a 2 year battle with breast cancer. I thank God for giving me such a wonderful mother. She was the epitome of the Proverbs 31 woman.

Mama, God saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be. So he put his arms around you and whispered "Come with me." With tearful eyes I watched you, and saw you pass away. Although I loved you dearly I could not make you stay. A golden heart stopped beating, hard working hands at rest. God broke my heart to prove to me, He only takes the best.


The Lord just brought to mind an encouraging memory:

I remember a cousin asked me if I was mad at God for not answering my prayers and healing her...I said, "He Did Heal Her! She's Not Sick Anymore!" Thank you for that assurance, Jesus and the knowledge we will be together again!

No comments:

Post a Comment